Saturday, February 9, 2008

Steps Towards a New Me

Well folks, I talked recently about trying to get healthy. And you know what? I think it's happening.

My Mom and I have been working out together and keeping track of how we are doing with eating. So far, in just about 5 weeks, I've lost 12 pounds and she has lost about 13 pounds. Not too shabby. We've had a number of set-backs, at least as far as working out is concerned, but we're working through it. Our workouts are becoming more frequent and more intense, and we're feeling better after each workout!

I'm not only trying to get healthy physically though...I'm also working on getting healthy on the inside too. And for me, a lot of that is through writing. It is something that I have a true desire for, and I always push it aside because I'm so busy with other things. Last semester, being in a Creative Writing class allowed me the freedom to write, because it was for school. But now, I'm writing pretty regularly, and I'm doing it just because I want to. I'm thinking about applying to an MFA program for Creative Writing after I graduate, and so this can also help me to build up a portfolio of writings to submit for the application process.

Anyways, I'll keep you all updated on how it is going.

No comments: