Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Denton Photos: TWU in Early Spring

So yesterday was a gorgeous day here in Denton, and I happened to have a long lunch break at school, and I had my camera with me. What better to do than shoot photos of the campus?

Photobucket

The campus is full of buildings with gorgeous Southern architecture combined with a more modern look in some of the newer structures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of the most distinctive structural aspects of the campus are the two tower dormitories, Stark and Guinn Halls, and the Clock Tower building.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These three buildings are the tallest in all of Denton, I believe. Just don't count on being able to tell the time from the clocks on the Clock Tower. I don't believe that any of the four sides have a working clock anymore.

TWU's campus is also full of scenic areas, redbud trees, and wildlife.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Additionally, beauty can be found in various structural and sculptural pieces located throughout the university.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, no visit to TWU's Denton campus would be complete without a visit to the Little Chapel in the Woods. The Little Chapel is likely Denton's biggest claim to fame. I was only able to obtain photos of the exterior in my walk yesterday as the building was closed for viewing. But I plan to go back sometime soon and take photos of the interior. It is GORGEOUS. A perfect place to hold a small wedding...and many do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More soon!

1 comment:

Lisa Todd said...

I like your photos, and it's neat to see where other people live.