Thursday, December 13, 2007

New(ish) Music I Love

I will admit it. I rarely listen to the radio anymore. It feels like, more often than not, they are playing the same 10 songs in heavy rotation and very little else. And since MTV no longer plays music videos and VH1 only does in limited doses, I find myself rarely hearing new music that I fall in love with.

But somehow, these musicians and/or songs have made it through into becoming some of my new favorites. I know some of them aren't terribly new...but they are new to me. So, check them out...

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer: Who would have really imagined a hard rock band doing a dance video? I love it.



One Republic - Apologize: I first heard this song on So You Think You Can Dance and liked it then, but now that Timbaland has come on board and remixed it, it is phenomenal!



Pink - Who Knew: I've liked Pink for a while...but she just might make me love her with this song. I think it is just gorgeous, and the emotion is so raw here.



Feist - My Moon My Man: Most people have heard their song "1 2 3 4" on iPod commercials at least, but this one to me is even catchier.



And while we're at it, I suppose you can go ahead and watch that one too!



Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down: I prefer the acoustic version of this song, but I love the song regardless.



OK Go - Here it Goes Again: One of the most innovative music videos of recent years that I've seen.



Check them all out!

No comments: