Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reality TV Onslaught

We are seriously about to be bombarded by tons of reality TV. LOL. And I know I am a reality TV junkie, and I LOVE reality TV. But even I am starting to wonder if I will be bored to tears before long.

I'm all for what the Writer's Guild is striking over. I totally 100% support them. But I really wish it wasn't going on so long, and that there would be a little bit of real scripted TV to balance it all out.

It's not that I watch the scripted TV. Not really. I only watch Gray's Anatomy out of all of the scripted series. I think my issue is more that since primarily what I watch are the reality TV shows, and there will be SO MANY of them on, that I will be back to watching as much TV as I used to watch. I don't want that to happen. I don't want to be trying to decide which of my shows I want to watch.

As it is, I typically only watch on average one or possibly two shows a night. And that is enough. Maybe even too much. I don't need to be tempted to watch even more, especially when it is all this drivel that is reality TV.

So far, we will have Dance Wars: Bruno vs Carrie Ann, The Biggest Loser: Couples, The Apprentice: Celebrity Edition, Big Brother (starting in February instead of its usual summer run), and American Idol. Who knows what else the networks will start to throw at us, with no new scripts available.

It could be a reality TV junkie's dream come true...or a nightmare.

No comments: