Sunday, April 20, 2008

David Cook: American Idol Performances

So...I just can't get enough of this guy. Seriously. I am listening/watching/searching for stuff from him constantly. I think I am now officially addicted to Cookies. No need to stage an intervention for me though...I'm rather enjoying myself!

So, if you are one of those people who've been living under a rock for the last few months, and you have no clue who I'm gushing about, I've decided to give you a little taste. Granted, YouTube video is nothing in comparison to seeing him live on a big screen TV...and even less to seeing him live on a big screen HDTV...and beyond nothing, I'm sure, to seeing him perform live and in person. But, it'll give you a taste. Hopefully, it'll give you enough of a taste that you decide to tune in on Tuesday night...and maybe even to throw some votes his way!

Our first glimpse of him was his audition, where he rocked some Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer.


In Hollywood Week, he took on Bryan Adams: Everything I Do, I Do For You.


For the Top 24 (60's Week), he took on The Turtles' Happy Together.


In the Top 20 (70's Week), he did All Right Now by Free.


For the Top 16 (80's Week), David took a huge risk by performing Hello by Lionel Ritchie.


Top 12 week brought The Beatles, and Eleanor Rigby.


The Top 11 brought a second week of Beatles music, with Day Tripper from Cookie.


For the Top 10, the theme of The Year They Were Born prevailed, leading David to do Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, only with some pretty major twists.


The Top 9 worked with Dolly Parton, and David chose to perform Little Sparrow.


In week 8, the Top 8 chose Inspirational songs. David's choice was Innocent by Our Lady Peace.


The Top 7 all performed Mariah Carey songs, and David made a rock song out of Always Be My Baby.


This next week will be yet another challenge for American Idol 7's resident rocker, with their song choices centering around Andrew Lloyd Webber. However, after seeing what David has done with songs like Happy Together, Billie Jean, Hello, Little Sparrow, and Always Be My Baby, I have no doubt that he will find a way to completely suit whatever song he chooses to his own voice and style.

Vote for Cookie!

No comments: