Thursday, July 17, 2008

SYTYCD - Top 10 - Results

I'll add videos as they are uploaded to Youtube. UPDATE: All videos are up now.

Tonight was a sad night for me. Losing any of the 5 guys in the Top 10 is heartbreaking, because I truly love to watch all of them dance. I want to see more from each of them!!! I can't get enough. And I enjoy most of the girls that are left, too.

The night started with a Bollywood styled group number.



Cat Deeley announced that So You Think You Can Dance was nominated for 4 Emmys: Wade Robson, Shane Sparks, Mandy Moore, and the makeup artists were each nominated for an award! Congratulations and good luck.

The Top 5 girls all came back out to dance a Mia Michaels contemporary routine.



We then learned that Comfort and Kherington made up the Bottom 2 from the girls, and they would each dance another solo for us tonight, though it would not determine which one was eliminated.

Then, the Top 5 guys came back out to dance a number choreographed by a "mystery" choreographer, otherwise known as Mr. Nigel Lythgoe. This is the first time I've seen anything he's choreographed! It's about time, Nigel. I'm sure he couldn't resist working with such an extremely talented group of guys.



After their dance, we learned that Mark and Gev were the Bottom 2 guys. Like the Bottom 2 girls, they would each get the opportunity to dance one more solo for the audience.

Comfort's Solo


Mark's Solo


Kherington's Solo


Gev's Solo


Kherington and Gev were eliminated. I was not surprised about Gev. To me, he was the most likely choice for the first of the Hip Hop/B-Boy guys to leave. While he is FABULOUS at his own style, he hasn't had as smooth a transition into the other styles as Joshua and Twitch seem to have had, and he also has seemingly had a smaller fanbase than either of those two. I was prepared for his departure. I was not prepared for Kherington to leave. I know some are turned off by her smile, and I know she didn't have the best night last night. Frankly, her solo last night was weak as well. But she has had a really strong run, up until last night, at least in my opinion. I wasn't surprised to see her in the Bottom 2, but I was certain that voters would send Comfort home again. To me, the other girls pretty much had a free ride this week. I was wrong. And I am sad.

No comments: