Friday, November 9, 2007

Ellis Hall

I've been a fan of Tower of Power for a long time. This is a band that has been around since before I was a twinkle in my parents' eyes...and yet they are still making music. There've been a few changes in their lineup over the years, including their singers. But through it all, they've been making phenomenal music.

All of the singers they've had have been outstanding. One of them, Ellis Hall, has a voice that has always stuck with me. Not only was he a singer for Tower of Power for a while, he was also one of the California Raisins. Yeah, you remember them. I know you do. And you liked them too, didn't you? It's okay. Go ahead and admit it. Those guys could sing, even if they were raisins. LOL.

Well, if you've been reading me for a while, you know that I'm a fan of INXS. (I know, it seems like I'm jumping around, but I do have a point, and I will tie it all back in together, I promise.) As a matter of fact, I am such a fan of INXS that I saw them five times on their Switched On Tour. Yes...five. I am an addict. They had a couple of backup singers with them on the tour. Wendisue and Melody. After a while, they only had Wendisue with them. I have to say...Wendisue has a phenomenal voice. I loved hearing her backing the band...she never left me feeling cold. She also has some of her own music, and a while back I added her as a friend on MySpace, so that I could keep up with what she is doing, other than just touring with INXS.

Wendisue sent out a bulletin yesterday...with music from her father. ELLIS HALL! Who knew that Ellis Hall was her father?!?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?! I know I didn't! But I love the man's voice, so of course, I checked it out. What a small world this is though...

Anyways, check him out!

A Change is Gonna Come:


Forever Song:


Girl You're Not in Kansas:


Gotta Be Ready for Anything:


Planet Hope:


And if you want to hear more from his days with Tower of Power, there is some of that available on YouTube as well!

You're Still a Young Man:


Don't Change Horses in the Middle of the Stream:


What is Hip?:


If you want to check out more from Ellis Hall, visit his website at EllisHall.com.

You can check out Tower of Power at TowerofPower.com or at their MySpace page.

And take a listen to Wendisue's music too! She can be found at MySpace as well.

No comments: