Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Two More Gone

This week on RockBandLounge.com's Rock Star: All Stars Competition, we said goodbye to two more rockers: Dilana from Season Two and Brandon Calhoon from Season One. This one was a very sad week for me, since I find Dilana to be insanely talented and Brandon, though not everyone's cup of tea, is one of my absolute hands-down favorites from both seasons. I loved him. I still love him.

And while I'm not surprised at Brandon's early departure, I find myself shocked that Dilana is gone so soon! She finished second in her season, she only landed in the Bottom 3 during the show twice, and she turned in some seriously amazing performances. I honestly have to chalk this one up to Dilana no longer having an active fanbase at RockBandLounge.com, and also having several "enemy" fanbases, so to speak. It seems that people saw her as some seriously stiff competition, so when she happened to fall into the Bottom 3, they jumped on it and made sure to get her out. While I may not like it, as I am approaching this competition as a fun way to relive some great memories, and to get Rock Star back on TV, I know that there are others who are taking to it in a different manner. And there's nothing wrong with that! It's just not the way I have chosen to go about it, so I am now attempting to prepare myself for more of the same.

Anyways...if you want to hear more from Dilana, check out her MySpace page. And for more from Brandon, you can visit his MySpace page. Even though they may have left the competition early, they are both great artists, so be sure to support them!

On a side note, the Writers Guild began their strike on Monday of this week. This means that the various networks will be running out of new episodes of their scripted dramas and comedies as early as January, so they are looking for alternative unscripted shows to fill their airwaves! Now is the perfect time to be sending in letters and emails, demanding more Rock Star on our TV's! Visit RockBandLounge.com's Big Letter Writing Campaign Thread for more info on how to get our voices heard! And while you're already at RockBandLounge.com, check out the All Stars Competition and get ready to vote again. Starting Sunday, all of the remaining singers are in one pool, all vying for your votes!

No comments: