Friday, May 9, 2008

David Cook: Song Choices for the Top 3

Over the course of all the media appearances David Cook has made in Kansas City today on his visit home, we've learned of two of his songs for the upcoming Top 3 performance night on American Idol.

The first one we learned of is David's own selection, The World I Know by Collective Soul. You probably know the song, even if you don't think you do. Here's the official video.



Shortly after revealing his own selection (and on live TV) David got a text message from American Idol judge Simon Cowell, informing him of the judge's selection for Tuesday night. Simon chose The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack. It should be a really interesting choice for David, and I'm excited to see what he does with it. If you aren't familiar with the song, watch it here.



This song has been covered by countless singers, including Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Lauren Hill, Leona Lewis...the list goes on and on. It'll be interesting to hear how David can put his own stamp on this song.

There is still no word about the producer's choice for David. I'll update here as soon as I learn more.

Next up in David's jam-packed trip home is a parade through his hometown of Blue Springs, MO, followed by a concert at the stadium. This evening, David will be throwing out the first pitch at the Kansas City Royals game, and will also sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the Seventh Inning Stretch. There have also been rumors that David may get the opportunity to try his hand at commentating for an inning. Keep checking in here, and I'll post links to anything I can get my hands on from throughout this whirlwind visit. And be sure to watch the live feed at 3:30 pm Central time to see the news coverage of the parade and concert.

More as it comes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited on what he'll do with "The First Time..." too! Wow...

Oh, and I'm a really random someone, but I loooovvee all the stuff you put up about David Cook. I check your blog all the time. He's amazing. Represent Midwest woot woot!