Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What is WRONG???

I was going crazy with the Cookie blogs, and then suddenly seem to have just stopped. *sigh*

Why, you ask? Well...I am still madly in lust/love with him. Never fear that. I am just so insanely emotionally caught up in all of this, in a way that I never have been before about anything remotely similar. My nerves are on edge. I don't know if I can take it. I don't know if I can handle it.

I voted like a banshee last night. I hope it was enough.

In the meanwhile...a few Cook performances to hold us all over until we see that he is crowned the winner. How's that sound?

So...let's see...for Simon's pick last week, David performed Roberta Flack's The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. And it was EXQUISITE.


Then for his own choice, he did Dare You to Move by Switchfoot. I'd love to hear him do a full version of this...


And to close the night out, the producers chose the schmaltzy Diane Warren song made famous by Aerosmith, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing. I hated the instrumentation on this, but Cookie sang the hell out of it.


And then there was this week. Last night. Last night...well...it pretty much killed me. But I died a very, very satisfied woman.

Clive Davis chose I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For for David. FREAKING U2!!!!!!!!! OMD. *deaddeaddeaddeaddead* Only my favorite band in the world. No big deal. Nope. Not at all. I can handle this right? Oh yeah...and just so you know...this is the first time that U2 has EVER released the rights for one of their songs to AI to be used as part of the competition aspect of the show. Ever. Hell fucking yeah. And they did it for Cookie. Okay, so they probably did it because Clive Davis asked them to, but I say they did it because it is David Cook.


Next, the Davids chose one of the songs that various songwriters entered in a competition to be the dreaded coronation song. At least they got to do their own choice. David did a song called Dream Big. He rocked it. 'Nuff said.


And to close out the night (not to mention the whole freaking competition) David chose to do a Collective Soul song, The World I Know. He had mentioned while he was at home in Kansas City that he would be doing it last week, and I know I was disappointed when we didn't get to hear it. He nailed it. And yes, I cried the whole way through it.


Oh yeah...and the judges last night? Ugh. I don't think I should comment right now. Not at all.

The rest of the day is going to kill me. I need it to be over so that I can reclaim my life.

No comments: