Thursday, May 29, 2008

SYTYCD Salt Lake City and Dallas Auditions

So, last night took us to both Salt Lake City, Utah and Dallas, Texas for auditions for this season's So You Think You Can Dance. Here are some of my favorite auditions from the night.

First off, he may not have been the best dancer, and he didn't make it out to the Vegas round, but he made me cry. I am so proud of him! He is doing a great job showing the world that having Down's Syndrome doesn't mean you can't do anything that you set out to do. I have a very special place in my heart for people with Down's Syndrome, and Brett Banford is AWESOME!



Okay, moving on to the dancers who actually had or have a shot at getting on the show. Gev Manoukian did a great job of showing that if you actually listen to the judges and go and get more training...you actually have a shot at getting through! I really like him. I hope he does well in Vegas. He's a breaker, but he is showing here that he's got some training in contemporary and other styles...and it is a really nice combination.



My early favorite at this point? Yeah, I know...it's really early. But this girl is amazing. Kelli Baker is one of the best dancers that they've shown so far. She seriously gave me chills...and I don't often get into contemporary dancing like this. I can appreciate it...and with great choreography I can sometimes really love it, but usually I could take it or leave it. With her...I want to take it. She is that good.



Did you know there were strip clubs in Salt Lake City? I didn't. LOL. But apparently there are, because Ryan Race is a DJ at one during the day. This guy is not too bad. We'll see how he does in Vegas. Check out Ryann Race.



Thayne Jasperson didn't get as much air time as some of the others, but what we saw was gorgeous.



The biggest standout for me from the Dallas auditions? Joshua Allen, by a mile. Wow. This kid could be GREAT. I can't wait to see how he does in Vegas and hopefully beyond. He's got some serious ability.



Areille Coker has quite a bit of potential. It was really cool to see them getting out there and doing challenging and interesting lifts at this point of the auditions. I like that. And I like her. She is really, really good.



Two others that I want to keep an eye on? Kortney Pearson and Michelle Stringham. They both have been away from dance for about 5 years, but you can definitely see their passion and the desire that they have for it. If they can get back into it in the few months between when they auditioned and when Vegas rolls around, I think they've both got some potential.

No comments: