Saturday, October 20, 2007

Across the Universe

I was a bit unsure about this film before I went...it had the potential of either being amazing, or horrific. But I am pleased to report that it was a very good film. The actors, most of whom are unknowns, did a great job, and they all did their own vocals. There is nothing I would have hated worse than for there to be bad arrangements of Beatles classics, but they were all excellent arrangements, even if they strayed from the original.

Without knowing who directed it, I was incredibly impressed by the direction. This film is a fantastic combination of acting, artistic photography, singing, and dancing. If this is the direction the modern musical is heading, I want a ticket on the train.

Oh yeah...and Bono? FABULOUS. LOL. The actor who played Jude sounded much more Irish than Bono did. I've never heard him speak in that way, and it suited him.

Just a word of caution though. If you go see this film, do it while clean and sober. It could seriously make you think you're on a bad trip at times. Not that that is a bad thing, necessarily. But just be careful. LOL.

No comments: